2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

Ride/Race Schedule - to add event - Email: ciclistasdelrio@gmail.com

Monday, April 21, 2008

Vuelta A Bosque, Day 2 (Criterium)

OK, I was never in this one. Legs were like lead and I was dropped by the middle of the 2nd lap! Still, I came here to race, so I kept at it, basically a 40 min time trial. And, I did not finish last - catching and passing another dropped rider about half way through. Finished about 2 mins down. Eric was up there for a while, before he got spat out the back as well. He had a long drive back to Texas, so decided to get a headstart on that.

So for the weekend, I was 9th out of 15 starters, 10 finishers. I'm pretty happy with that, considering this was a training race and I did not taper for it. Learned a lot for the Tour of the Gila in a week and a half. (Spencer Compton of Durango Wheel club won the TT, RR and GC for the weekend - go Four Corners cycling!).

Anyone got a set of aero bars I can try for the Gila? That will make a huge difference in the time trial if I can get comfortable at high speeds with them. Let me know!

3 comments:

Jeff Fox said...

Nice job on completing the race and fighting through the difficulties. It sounds like a tough race. We could have used on the group ride Sunday. There was only 3 of us and we also fought a pretty tough headwind the entire way back to town. Steve pulled like a madman and never seemed to let the wind slow us down.

lwebster said...

Racing is even tougher when the fields are small -- fewer places to hide.

I'll post about the Springs as soon as Karen downloads pictures from her camera.

swayman said...

Here's another good job to you for fighting the wind and finishing strong! All the early season ridng we did is starting to pay off and I hope you guys all ride strong in the Gila and represent for the Ciclistas! Send out an email if we are riding Sunday as I was not sure of your schedule with Gila the next week.

2012 Dolores CX Results

2012 Dolores CX Results
Any questions concerning the results, please email CiclistasdelRio@gmail.com