2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

Ride/Race Schedule - to add event - Email: ciclistasdelrio@gmail.com

Monday, March 23, 2009

Mad Cow - Day 2

Oh my god, the wind. 30mph steady w/ 40 gusts at the start, and it just got worse. The parking lot was a raging dust bowl when I finally left at 3pm.

Made the lead group of 10 on the first climb, stayed together for 2/3 of the race. Last climb with about 10 miles to go tore it all up - from there we were strung out in ones and twos. I was 5th at the top of the climb, and tried to catch 4th place, but blew up in the effort. Slipped to 8th through the last uphill rollers, then worked my ass off on the screaming, mildly down, wind-behind run in to the finish to catch the rider in front and nip him at the line for 7th.

Overall Cat 5 position was 4th, I think - they didn't post times for the crit or RR, so hard to tell. There's a chance I was 3rd, but I'll take 4th.
TT - 5th
Crit - 3rd
RR - 7th
Overall - 4th

Nice start to the season, time to start doing those hill repeats!

No comments:

2012 Dolores CX Results

2012 Dolores CX Results
Any questions concerning the results, please email CiclistasdelRio@gmail.com