2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

Ride/Race Schedule - to add event - Email: ciclistasdelrio@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DWC Club Champs - MTB TT

I would not call this one of my strengths, but I had a really good ride, for me, in the final event. 4.75 miles and 900' of climbing, and some tricky descending. Despite a wipe out on a sweeping right hand turn on loose shale, and hitting an 8" oak head on but staying on the bike, I descended about as well as I ever have, certainly faster than I ever have. I'm comfortable going 40mph downhill in a group on the road, but I don't have the nerve solo on the dirt!

I finished 7th, with a time of 31:34, which was my lowest placing of the 4 events and therefore didn't get me any extra points. Brandon won handily and leapfrogged into the Champion's jersey with 65 points. Steve got 9th and ended up 2nd with 60 points. I stayed at 53 points and 3rd place overall.

I'm psyched with the final result, especially as I had a shot at the overall victory. The format of the event is fun, kinda like a stage race. I'd encourage other Ciclistas to give it a go next year. As for me, I'll bump up and do the "B" flight next year, see if I can be competitive there.

1 comment:

swayman said...

Nice job Michael! I was glad to hear that those hill sprints are helping someone as there are times I am wondering why I am doing these? Any way it sounds like you had fun and that is what it is all about! Look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Steve

2012 Dolores CX Results

2012 Dolores CX Results
Any questions concerning the results, please email CiclistasdelRio@gmail.com