2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

2013 Amy Dombroski Memorial Dolores Cross

Ride/Race Schedule - to add event - Email: ciclistasdelrio@gmail.com

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tour of the Gila Stage 3

Make this quick, it's late and we need to sleep!

16 mile criterium (15 laps), with 2 killer rollers on the back side of the course. Very fast start. Lance and EB hung in with the pack, with Lance taking 10th! I hung in for 4 laps before being dropped with a group of 7. We kept the pack in sight for a few more laps before 4 of us couldn't hang with 3 stronger riders. Then the pack disappeared for good. Got pulled after 10 laps (3 better than last year!) and given a pro-rated time 3:47 down. Doug had dead legs, plus he got cut off at the start and had to come to a stop, so never had a chance to join the pack.

A big thanks to Michael Engleman who was at the top of the rollers cheering on Ciclistas riders every lap - it was a huge boost!

We're all hanging in there about the same places on GC. After another ice bath, I feel pretty good for tomorrow, and have set myself a pretty good goal. If I can make up 2:42 on the 3 guys just ahead of me, I will make the top 50. There is a 10 mile Cat 2 climb followed by a 4 mile Cat 4 climb to finish a 75 mile day tomorrow, so I like my chances. We'll see!

No comments:

2012 Dolores CX Results

2012 Dolores CX Results
Any questions concerning the results, please email CiclistasdelRio@gmail.com